Friday, November 18, 2011

Recording, Day 1!

So we have our script and yesterday we read through half of it! I think our cut might be slightly longer than an hour but I still think its good.

I really like recording. It was a little frustrating at first when the technology kept acting up but we figured it out when some help.

Amy's going to put up some of the recordings we did but we're probably going to redo all of them. I think it was really good practice though to go over some reading and get a hang of how recording is going to go.
Over Thanksgiving we're going to go over my lines so I'll try to do some research on Gertrude and how people have portrayed her. I think it is harder though to portray a personality on audio. But I'm going to look at my lines and see what motivations are behind her lines. Why does she say what she says? Why is it important? (Obviously it is because Shakespeare put it in there and we kept it in our cut!)

Yep that's the plan!

2 comments:

  1. Recording was lots of fun! Do you maybe know how long the parts that we recorded are? How do you think a personality should be portrayed in an audio-type medium?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how long that was, we should have added up all of the times, but we were there for almost an hour and a half and we only got halfway through. Granted we also had some problems, but I still think we will be over an hour.

    I don't really know how to portray personality in an audio medium, I think a big part is the voice choice, but that we didn't really have a lot of options with lol. I guess the biggest thing it just to consider the motivation behind lines and why that character would find it important to say that.

    ReplyDelete